The critical components of Angimmune's unique anti-T cell therapy technology are the rational design of highly potent immunotoxin molecules and the system for high yield and low cost immunotoxin production in yeast.
Typically, these immunotoxins consist of the truncated diphtheria toxin (for cell killing) fused to a bivalent format of antibody binding fragments that provide specific cell targeting. The bivalency provides much higher binding to targeted cells (20- to 30-fold increase) and is made possible only by the genetically-engineered Pichia expression system that is toxin-resistant and has the capacity to properly fold multi-domain proteins at high production rates.
Advantages of the DT390 / Pichia Platform
This unique bivalent anti-T cell immunotoxin therapy works in two ways:
- High potency DT-based fusion protein immunotoxin
- Bivalent binding with increased affinity and internalization to targeted cells
- High expression in P. pastoris achieved by using strains engineered for toxin resistance and resistance to the unfolded protein response
- Low cost production and regulatory friendly
- Wide variety of antibody sequences can be used in the DT / Pichia platform